+1 to what Matt has said. I've had this feedback multiple times from
developers that the usage of Scala is a barrier to getting involved in the
project. I understand the historical reasons for chosing Scala and realise
the language does give us lots of benefits for stability & productivity
once learnt. However, for new projects I'd +1 on using Go in the future.

--
Regards,
James Thomas