Am Do., 18. Juli 2019 um 10:04 Uhr schrieb Michele Sciabarra <
mich...@sciabarra.com>:

> Actually, I am not going to rewrite the controller in Go.
> There is already one here: https://github.com/projectodd/kwsk
>
> I proposed to use Rust instead since looks like it is growing fast, so I
> could "prototype" in Rust to see where we get. But since the community does
> not like it, I give up.

I just wanted to quickly get back to this: I am not proposing to not use
Rust in this context because the community does not like it. It's rather a
conscious decision to foster engagement in the community. Experience tells
us that Scala has already been quite a burden for many to learn. My
personal preference is of second order in this case. No negative sentiment
against Rust was intended, quite on the contrary: Designwise I prefer Rust
over Golang everyday. The reach and impact of Golang in the community this
is targetting (Knative and thus Kubernetes) is undeniable though.