Hi,

If you're looking for more ideas, I've got a couple suggestions concerning
PDF post-processing which are available with other PDF libraries:

1) PDF optimizations - This could be PDF linearization, image-resolution
reduction, font subsetting (when fonts are fully embedded) etc... There are
quite a few things that could be done here, we could look at what Adobe
Acrobat Pro does as a post-process action for inspiration on projects.

2) Font de-duplication -  This isn't indifferent to the suggestion above,
but is probably a project on it's own. This has caught out a couple people
(myself included) of late and could be a very technically interesting
project. Basically when PDFs are merged/overlaid all resources are blindly
copied, if we could find some way of re-subsetting fonts to reduce
duplication it would significantly reduce the overhead of RIP-ing merged
PDFs. (FYI, Adobe Acrobat Pro does this very badly, it's not a simple
project, but I think we can do it better with a little diligence).

I can't think of anything else, if anyone else has any thoughts, please do
come forward with project proposals.

Mehdi