Hi All,

> I’d like to bring PDFBOX-2592 to the attention of the dev mailing list.
>
> A number of users on the mailing list have asked about how to import pages
> from other PDFs as forms, our current solution is LayerUtility, which is
> depends on PDFCloneUtility.

I like the idea to simplify importing a page as a form object as although it's
in place the function is hidden in the LayerUtility (although we have a sample
now ho to do it). What I propose it to do it in stages

a) Have the constructor like PDFormXObject form = new PDFormXObject(page) and
reuse the existing code internally so we have the API in place for 2.0
b) do the changes to the inner workings at a later stage for 2.1

There are two main reasons for that
a) I suspect as you go you will find that there need to be changes to the
existing COS model with the potential for new regressions
b) a) has the risk of further moving out PDFBox 2.0

IMHO: very good idea and initiative; has to be done; shall be done later

BR

Maruan