AFAIK, PMCs can organize their VOTEs as they please. The only
requirement I'm aware of is being able to point at a VOTE that covers
the release. I don't see why a single VOTE that covers multiple git
REFs and multiple artifacts (even in different directories on
dist.apache) would be a problem. I can think of one case where this
was done before (Apache NiFi; I think they were in the incubator at
the time).

Agreed that this kind of process change doesn't need to be blocking.
It's just confusing that right now we can end up with a mixed vote
result across hbase compatibility layers (although I guess that could
be considered a feature if a fatal compability-layer-specific bug were
to show up).

--
busbey