On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 10:48 AM, Stack <st...@duboce.net> wrote:

> Would be cool if there was a page on how to do tpc-h along with what works
> and what does not from the suite, even if it was just for the latest
> release.

 Yes, agreed. That'd be a good first contribution - a one pager on how to
configure and run tpc-h.

In general, it'd be great if in our user community we could begin to
collect these kind of use case simulations. The entire community could
learn a lot from each other. One potential way this could be structured
would be as Pherf[1] scenarios where the config parameters and tuning is
captured. I'm not sure how the TCP benchmarks map to the real world use
cases of our user community. FWIW, there are some outlined here[2] from
Sony and eHarmony (linked in the comments section).

[1] http://phoenix.apache.org/pherf.html
[2]
http://www.meetup.com/SF-Bay-Area-Apache-Phoenix-Meetup/events/230545182/