Github user joshelser commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/phoenix/pull/191

    > This solution is not thread safe and will not allow to safely create
multiple instances of a driver on different threads in the JVM.

    Yes, that's why I directed you over here, bud. That wasn't an initial goal
of these changes.

    > With that said I am not sure that you can support multiple users and
support renewals with the way the UGI works.

    Right.. you're catching on to what I was pointing out. This is something
that you should be managing inside of Storm. We cannot do this effectively
inside of Phoenix. We can only put a bandaid on top.

    > Do we want the Phoenix driver to allow multiple instances instantiated
with a different logged in user for each in the same JVM ?

    The only change I think we can do here is to prevent multiple clients from
doing what you're suggesting and hope they don't shoot themselves in the foot.

---
with INFRA.
---