Enis Söztutar wrote:
Bumping this up in case people are interested.

Also this is not coprocessor-specific, because I think we can incrementally
start using the new hbase-metrics module, and get rid of our complicated
metrics2 based patterns for core metrics as well. We should of course start
enforcing that all new metrics be using the new approach (if there is
consensus).  See HBASE-14282.

I've uploaded a v1 patch for
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-9774. It is a mix between
approach (2) and (3). The API looks like the DW metrics (with still some
differences), but the implementations mostly come from HBase (except for
Meter).

@Phoenix devs, feel free to provide feedback if you intend to export
metrics from Phoenix by piggy backing on the RS metrics.

Would definitely like to play around with this from the Phoenix side, but I probably won't get any time for a week or two :). I'll try to remember to send a note when I find the time.

From the HBase side, the code looks good to me, but I don't want to you to wait for me to merge it in :)

Enis