If making Pig Thread safe (i.e.: two threads running a different pig script) is
important then we need to change some of the APIs from static singleton access
to a dependency injection pattern.
In that case, this should probably be done before 1.0
For example: UDFContext should be passed to the UDF after construction (similar
to the SevrletContext in Servlet or the way Hadoop passes the context to tasks)
Also a clearly separated API that does not depend on the Pig implementation
would help.
For example UDFContext is in org.apache.pig.impl.util when it would be better
in org.apache.pig.api (Or at least an interface defining it)

Julien