> Are you saying that as long as one claims every column as a partition, all
> filters will be pushed
> down?

Exactly. Though javadoc are heavily worded for partition pruning,
since that was the primary use case at that time for predicate
pushdown.  But you will get all the filter expressions if you claim
all the columns are partition columns. Partition columns have no
special semantics in Pig apart then this.

> Will the filters also be applied to the data the loader returns, even if the
> loader accepts the
> expression?

I think filter will be deleted from logical plan if it is pushed up.
So, it wont be applied in pipeline later on. Daniel can confirm if
thats the case with new logical plan or not?

Ashutosh