Hi All,

It's been a while since Pinot has moved to SQL compliant syntax and semantics.
Calcite SQL compiler has allowed us to move to standard SQL syntax and we will
continue to leverage it for parsing, compiling and optimizing queries as more
complex query functionality is added.

However, with legacy PQL code existing, we need to put double effort when
adding new query functionality to ensure it works for both PQL and SQL. It
hurts dev productivity. Since SQL is the path forward, we need to start
removing PQL from Pinot codebase.

Please see this issue created in August last year
https://github.com/apache/incubator-pinot/issues/5807 proposing deprecation of
PQL.

As a first step, we would be removing the PQL query endpoint on broker (/query)
and controller (/pql) by end of Feb. This will ensure that users can't use PQL
to query Pinot. The follow-up cleanup of PQL from the engine (parser, execution
engine) will be a subsequent task.

Thanks
Sidd