Hi Mentors,

Can you please review the following draft Pirk podling report for
September? I will post it on the incubator report wiki once everyone is
happy with it.

(This time, I will make sure not to touch anyone's sign off box on the wiki
:))

Thanks!

Ellison Anne

**********

Pirk

Pirk is a framework for scalable Private Information Retrieval (PIR).

Pirk has been incubating since 2016-06-17. The initial code for Pirk was
granted on 2016-07-11.

  1. Establish a formal release process and schedule, allowing for
dependable release cycles in a manner consistent with the Apache
development process.

  2. Establish a process which allows different release cycles for the core
framework, extensions/adaptors, and additional algorithms.

  3. Grow the community to establish diversity of background and expertise.

aware of?

None.

We have officially welcomed two new committers (Tim Ellison and Suneel
Marthi). The mailing list activity, pull requests, and page views to the
Apache Pirk website (via Google Analytics) have also greatly increased
since the last report.

The project completed it's first release, 0.1.0-incubating, since the last
report. Additionally, the project has ensured that all dependencies are
compliant with the Apache License version 2.0 and that all code and
documentation artifacts have the correct Apache licensing markings and
notice. The project has also undertaken a refactor of some of the initial
packages and provided initial streaming implementations.

Date of last release:

  August 29, 2016

When were the last committers or PMC members elected?

Pirk elected two new committers (Tim Ellison and Suneel Marthi) on August
18, 2016.