CellValue#getCellType was changed to return an enum after the 3.14 release.
I reverted that signature change in r1760607 (see bug 59791 comment 13).

For bug 59907, I broke backwards compatibility for ClientAnchor (both HSSF
and XSSF) in r1716313 (first appeared in POI 3.14 beta 1 and included in
POI 3.14 final) without the usual 2 release deprecation warning. The
question is do I restore the behavior of 3.13 (breaking code a second time
for anyone who upgraded their code to 3.14, and a third time whenever we
retire the int code), or do we leave it as is and ask users to upgrade to
the enum getter now?

Looking at the code example from bug 59907 comment 1, the fix for them is
simple: delete ".getValue()".