I am sorry,
I have missed this thread.

I believe that requiring JDK17 to build and especially to RUN the
Pulsar broker is not a good idea currently.
Many enterprises, especially the bigger, or banks, insurance
companies....have strict requirements on some components and they are
very slow to accept bleeding edge tecnologie.

I believe that it is good to run CI on JDK17 and also to build the
docker images on JDK17.
But I know a few companies who won't be able to switch to JDK17 very quickly.

I think it is better to require JDK11 at this moment, and not JDK17,
otherwise users will be stuck with Pulsar 2.10 for a long time.

Requiring JDK17 would be justified only if there is some required new
feature, but this is not the case.

So I propose to change the required JDK version to build and run to
JDK11 for the server part and JDK8 for the client.

Enrico