I have created https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/21400 which parameterizes
the JDK version used for the Pulsar CI GitHub Actions workflow. When triggering
the workflow
manually, it's possible to choose between JDK 17 and JDK 21 from a dropdown
menu.
The PR contains more details, please review. Once we have this merged, it will
be easy to experiment with Java 21 when needed.

-Lari