Steve Huston wrote:
The dates for each phase would be as follows:

End of Development : 2009-03-02
End of Feature Freeze : 2009-03-16
Release : 2009-03-27
This was the last set of dates Martin had put up for 0.5 release. I suspect that it is still worth putting a 0.5 as quite a lot of fixes have been made since M4.

Are we still on for freeze on Monday?
Feature Freeze     March  02nd
RC                       March  23rd (and branch trunk)

I'd like to get the new build scheme in for M5, based on cmake - I'm
not sure I'll have a first cut in by Monday, but it would be next week
sometime. I think that in order for that to be in M5, though, we'll
need some group discussion after getting a chance to test drive it a
bit.

Thoughts?

I'm keen to get it in but it will need some advance warning so people can try it in different environments. There may be some teething problems and there are significant downstream build systems that will be affected. Ideally we want it to have the same "API" (./bootstrap; ./configure --with-same-options; make), where bootstrap and configure are wrappers to the new system.