James Mansion wrote:
What's the plan for the 1.0 implementation - is there a design
document or implementation plan?  Who is doing it?

Based on past experience I think its best to wait until the final spec is actually published before getting too concerned about an implementation plan.

I think, as has been discussed on this list recently, that getting some higher level, protocol-independent APIs for those languages that don't currently have them is a necessary first step and one that will be valuable regardless.

The broker has some limited support for multiple protocols at present, but they are really the remnants of upgrading from 0-9 'wip' to one version of 0-10 and then onto the final 0-10 without breaking the build and test suites. I think some thinking and design around improving that in general terms would also be a valuable step forwards.