I think it would be more worthwhile to try to synchronize the APIs between the languages. i.e. make the python/C++ APIs look more alike. Obviously there are language differences, so they won't be identical. I think it would be beneficial if you could expect that the class structure would be similar and methods found in the Java AMQP native API would be present in C++ and Python.

//Bill