On Wed, 2009-11-11 at 15:50 -0500, Ted Ross wrote:
> Full SASL authentication/encryption capability for the Python client was
> added to the trunk at revision 834975.
>
> A new Python module "qpidsasl" implemented in C++ and wrapped for Python
> using Swig was introduced.  This wrapper provides a generalized binding
> to the Cyrus SASL library.  The Python client tries to import this
> module.  If it cannot find it, it will revert to built-in capability
> that only provides ANONYMOUS and PLAIN authentication mechanisms.

This would appear to not really be connected with qpid itself, but
rather be a (very) useful addition to the python (and ruby) libraries.

I'd say it would actually be better and more generally useful (for other
applications) to put this code in an entirely separate repository from
qpid and for it to distributed entirely separately from qpid. And so to
remove the qpid element of its name.

For Fedora (and the like you'd package it in packages called
python-sasl, ruby-sasl unless those names are already taken)

Have I missed something here that makes this actually specific to qpid?

Andrew