Robbie,

The current excludes files needs a bit or re-org for sure.
I think two types of exclusions are needed.
1. Tests that run on either c++ , java broker or in-vm broker.
2. Tests that are specific to a particular protocol version.
3. Tests that are for a particular feature like clustering,
persistence, ssl, no-prefetch etc..

All this time the 0-10 excludes list worked well bcos the Java broker
was not 0-10 ready.
Therefore tests that cannot be run against the c++ broker was also
dumped into the 0-10 Excludes files.
Now the Java broker should run both 0-8 and 0-10 related tests (of
course in separate runs)

I guess the default profile should be tests that are
a) Not broker specific (or can be easily run against all brokers - or
is it all tests that can be run with an in-vm broker?)
b) Not protocol specific

And the rest worked out from there.
just my 2 cents.
What do you think?