2009/12/8 Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>:
> I have created a new 08InVMExcludes file and added it to the
> profile.excludes property in default.testprofile, enabling exclusion of the
> test only for the InVM testing. I didn't make the other changes I suggested
> to correct the usage of the 08Excludes file, so it is currently still
> excluding tests from all profiles as before.
>
> Robbie

Rajith,

The problem is that the files are exclude lists and points 2 & 3 are
_includes_. I have a test that I need to exclude from the Java 09
Profile(the which is what the java profile now runs) but include in
the 0.10.

What I have locally is renaming all the excludes to better match what
they are actually designed to run against
010 -> CPP
08 -> Java

This gives us the opportunity to use the versioned exclude files to
exclude from actual versions.

There is some work to be done here though because the new
CPPExcludes(was 010Exclude) should contain exclusions for all cpp
broker runs.. things like JMX tests as the cpp broker doesn't have a
jmx interface. However, it already has excludes in here that are
excludes for the 0-10 version. I have currently left the java.0.10
profile excluding the same files as before however it is clearer to
see now the problem we are having with the 0-10 excludes. The
java.0-10 profile should not exclude the CPPExcludes file as this
contains things like the new Java broker logging, JMX tests, Java
persistence tests, etc.

If I find time I will try and go through and split out the actual 0-10
protocol excludes from the CPP broker excludes but I currently don't
have a CI machine running on trunk for all the profiles so would be
great to get some assistance here as I'll be going by the exclude
description.

Alternatively someone with more free time could take a look and
suggest a better approach. As long as we can exclude on broker type
and default protocol version then that would be great. Especially as
the current approach is still not ideal, as Rajith said above we want
additional includes not excludes. I have a test that only works on a
broker that is 0-8/9/10 capable so adding it to the CPPExclude and the
08Exclude seems some what odd.

--
Martin Ritchie