Hi Ken,

I was in a similar situation when I did the initial Windows port a
while back, and I went the git route too. I was advised by more senior
Apache people that it's not a good idea because it opens the door to
code getting in which hasn't been through the JIRA's "I license this
to Apache" check-off. If someone without a CLA drops code into your
git repo, then that goes into the svn repo, that's a big problem.

FWIW,

-Steve