Rajith Attapattu a écrit :

I am sorry sir, but Maven is a big no due to the well documented reasons.
You are paying a big price for that convenience :).

I understand you had some troubles in the past with Maven, and considering the complexity of the Qpid project I'm not surprised. But for the specific purpose of building the documentation I don't think the "well documented reasons" apply.

Even if you download it manually it's a one time job.
I don't know why folks are so worried about it.

Because it's a waste of time for anyone interested in building the documentation. Because one has to reinstall most of the tool chain on every checkout of the project (the Ant build assumes the stylesheets are copied in qpid/doc/book/docbook-xsl, and not outside the project tree). You do it once on your desktop computer, then once on your laptop, and then every time you checkout a different branch. That's definitely not a one time job.

Emmanuel Bourg