When I wrote client-api-example-tests.py, I assumed I was replacing the old validate scripts, using the new drain / spout examples, and using Python unittest.

One developer says that's just what I should do, and tells me to integrate this into make check. Another says that only broker tests should be integrated into make check.

In its current form, it runs for 150 seconds. I can strip that down to less than a minute and still have very useful smoke tests for the client examples. What's the best approach?

A. Add the tests, more or less as is, to make check
B. Add a stripped down version to make check
C. Use the tests, but don't add them to make check
D. None of the above

In the long run, I can imagine having a very extensive version of this that tests interop using different AMQP versions, and tests every feature drain / spout support. We wouldn't want that to run with make check.

Do we need a new make target for more extensive testing?

Jonathan