On 07/21/2010 04:21 PM, Rafael Schloming wrote:

I think you should forget about make and simply provide a convenient
command line interface to running the tests (either via qpid-python-test
or a custom script if appropriate).

This can then be used to test interop outside of the source tree and can
be trivially integrated by C++, Java, and/or python developers into
their respective builds.

This, I think, is already done in the current code.

Run it like this:

$ ./client-api-example-tests.py -v

By default, it assumes it is being run from a Qpid source tree, and sets up paths to the test programs in their normal locations, then runs them.

You don't have to configure anything if it's being run from a source tree with a broker on localhost:5672. If your broker is running at a different address, set QPID_BROKER to the address of the broker.

If you're running it from outside a source tree, but have the source tree on your system, set QPID_ROOT to the source tree root.

If you're running from an installed version, you have to tell the script where you installed various pieces using the following environment variables:

QPID_CPP_EXAMPLES  (default: qpid_root + "/cpp/examples/messaging/")
QPID_PYTHON_EXAMPLES (default: qpid_root + "/python/examples/api/")
PYTHONPATH (default: qpid_root+"/python:" + qpid_root+"/extras/qmf/src/py")
QPID_PYTHON_TOOLS (default: qpid_root + "/tools/src/py/")
QPID_HOME (default: qpid_root + "/java/build/lib/")
QPID_JAVA_EXAMPLES (default: qpid_root + "/java/client/example/")

I think that should be fairly easy to set up and call from various environments.

Jonathan