On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 12:43 PM, Robbie Gemmell
<robbie.gemm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yep, 3272

Gotcha.

> Seperate as in store the provided String in a field which is separate from
> the UUID in the header where we would normally store the passed in message
> id value, and return this when getJMSMessageID is called.

Thanks for clarifying. It makes sense.

On a separate note : All though (based on the updated info) we don't
need to consider preserving the original message-id for now, this may
become important in the future.
Consider a message being routed through a federated network, where it
takes several hops before reaching the endpoint.
One of those hops could very well be implemented using a JMS client.
In this case the Qpid client will overwrite the message-id with a new
one.
The hops are merely forwarding/routing agents and in that sense
tampering with the original message properties may not be a good idea.
In such a situation it would be useful to have a configurable way to
ensure the send-impl doesn't override the message id.
I think we will be seeing such use cases in the near future.