If I recall, there is an issue with Apache-github integration that a branch
only shows up when you make a commit on it. So maybe make a trivial commit.

That said, you don’t need to push a branch to Apache in order to make a pull
request. You can make a pull request from your own personal GitHub fork. That’s
usually the right thing to do.

Julian