Regarding my other point: does Quickstep have a policy that pull requests
should, or must, come from the Apache github account? If so, can you see how
that would tend to discourage people from joining the community? Because only
committers are able to push to Apache.

Several projects use "feature branches", where multiple developers need to
collaborate over a long period, and of course a branch or tag per release, but
other than that, branches in the Apache repo are quite unusual.

Julian