Peter,

I shall remind you of your statement elsewhere about behaviour in public.
Dude, I know you're a much better person that the below suggests.

Perhaps you wrote it in anger or frustration or fatigue or some
combination. Nevertheless it doesn't come off well and would point at you
needing to do just as much development of leadership skills as you assert
is required for Greg.

Trust has to be earned just as much as granted. It starts from respect and
quality dialogue.