Greg,

I think this is a position that has to be earned, rather than one to volunteer
for.

Having said that, the community has remained silent on the issue, which tends
to indicate either none of the remaining developers have the confidence of the
community or that River has lost community interest.

Although there are times when we haven't seen eye to eye, you've made
significant contributions of time and effort; performing maintenance releases
and rewriting a new surrogate architecture implementation from the ground up.

If time is a problem, I can lodge board reports on your behalf.

Ultimately, if community involvement continues to decline, we may have to send
River to the attic.

Distributed computing is difficult and we often bump into the shortcomings of
the java platform, I think these difficulties are why developers have trouble
agreeing on solutions.

But I think more importantly we need increased user involvement.

Is there any advise or resources we can draw on from other Apache projects?

Regards,

Peter.