On 13/05/2014 9:59 AM, Dennis Reedy wrote:
Apologies for not chiming in earlier, I've been running around with my air
on fire for the past couple of weeks. As to whether River is dead, I don't
think it is, maybe mostly dead (in which case a visit to Miracle Max may be
in order). I think River is static, but not dead. The technology is so
worth at least maintaining, fixing bugs and continued care and feeding.

The issue to me is that the project has no direction, and River has no
community that participates and makes decisions as a community. There has
been tons of work in qa_refactor, is that the future for River? Or is it a
fork?

There are develpers who are concerned about the number of fixes made in qa-refactor, but no one yet has identified an issue I haven't been able to fix very quickly. In any case the public api and serial form is backward compatible.

I encourage the community to test it, find out for themselves and report any issues.

Regards

Dennis