Hi Alex,

I think the piece that is still missing is "themeing". We created some
subset based on external frameworks (MDL, CreateJS,...), but I always said
this was only as an exercise and to fill a gap we have with our custom UI
set. For me all efforts should go in the Express set direction to have one
set and many "themes". external UI sets will always work differently and
have their own controls (that will not match ours in many cases) and for
this reason themeing is not standarizable.

In the other hand Flex Skins was something very powerful, and I think we
should not lose that in Royale, so Royale could end declaring skins in a
similar way as Flex did, but implementing in a better way that provides
better performance. the generated code in HTML/JS could be far way simple
that in Flex that need a complete UIComponent that means a huge object to
deal with it at runtime.

I'd love to work in the visuals of themeing for Express when finish royale
website if some theme infrastructure is setup. IMHO, for this to be done,
we will need at least be two contributors, maybe Peter or you and me with
the visuals. I could work in two visuals to put the themeing feature on the
plate, one could be wireframe theme and another something more elaborated.

--

<http://www.codeoscopic.com>

Carlos Rovira

Director General