Hi Alex,

> For something to be in Core, it really should be a "universal
> implementation", meaning it contains code that just about every component
> set will need.

that's what I tried, and was what I have in mind. So I think we're aligned
in concept

> I don't think Container is universal.  ContainerBase might be.

Right, Container is now in Basic and ContainerBase is in Core. I think
that's how it should be.

> ItemRendererMouseController and DataItemRenderer?  Not sure.

As this is a bit unclear for all I refactored to
ItemRendererMouseController to IBeadController, that I think is better and
returned ItemRendererMouseController to basic, and Jewel has now it's own
copy. My personal thinking is that ItemRendererMouseController should be in
core, since I don't see much specialization here and don't see the reason
to have this code duplicated, but Harbs and Yishay complain about package
refactor, but I think we should still expect some changes of this style as
we approach a 1.0 version, and then probably will settle.
Since are changes very easy to do in final Apps, I think we should balance
a bit to have the best organization now, since more later could be very
complicated to do such thing. So time is now, and although we see our app
break, think that solution should be easy to fix.

For DataItemRenderer since I didn't see complains I left in Core, since it
had more implications. But if people complains I can invest time to return
to Basic.

> FWIW, trying to eliminate all dependencies from Jewel to Basic doesn't
> make sense to me.  Especially if it is going to result in duplication of
> code.  So what if Jewel components want to use some Basic class?  Sometimes
> a Basic implementation is all you need.

Here I not agree, and surprises me since I read lots of emails from you
talking that "we'll be creating more UI sets", that's what we did we some
experiments (Flat,CreateJS), and full set (MDL), and now (Jewel). So Basic
should be just other one. That's at least what I understand from your words
through this years.

Jewel born from Basic since at that moment I was thinking in make all
components inherit Basic, and as well for a matter of convenience and make
it work sooner. In fact, Jewel is the work done on Basic on steroids, is
just a continuation.

But as we talked and developed, it was clear that Jewel should take its own
path, and I think is not good (or a bad design for us) if we obligate the
user to link a library that is only there due to the code not well
organized. We talked a lot in the last weeks that we need to pass UIBase to
Core, and the same happen with other classes that are clearly Core. If
people wants to use in its Application Jewel and then need some Basic
functionality, he can do...but I don't want people to be obligated to do
that.

A part from that in doing this, I get 40% less size in Jewel Applications,
and that means that we have code in CSSs and JS that was linked and not
used. I don't want Jewel users to carry things they really need, I think we
all wanted that.

Thanks.

Carlos