Hi Carlos,

I don't think folks are as highly concerned about moving the
ApplicationBase/ContainerBase/GroupBase classes into Core.  I disagree that
GroupBase can go away, but that can be discussed later.

It is your "unique requisite" as you put it, that is the main issue.  There is
no technical reason to change the patterns we've been using to try to ensure
that Jewel doesn't link in Basic.  If every component set tries to be
independent of every other component set, then lots of beads will be copied,
and that does not scale.

If it turns out that the HTML components need 100% of what is in Group, then it
should be fine for HTML's NodeBaseElement ot extend Basic's Group, just like
Express components can extend Basic components.

So let's just focus on this one point.  What is the technical reason that
component sets should not leverage other component sets?  Why would we want
proliferation of copies of beads over time?

Thanks,
-Alex

On 5/10/18, 2:22 PM, "carlos.rov...@gmail.com on behalf of Carlos Rovira"