From: Alex Harui [mailto:aha...@adobe.com.INVALID]
Sent: 28 June 2018 22:17
To: dev@royale.apache.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Royale compiler not handling Date.fullYear etc

I think Andrew got it right, but I believe he is still adding fullYear and
others to Date in missing.js.  It is ok for us to add APIs that exist in Flash
that don't exist in the browser if we map them to browser APIs that do exist.
In this case, the browser's Date.getFullYear/setFullYear.  No polyfill is
needed.  We have done this sort of thing for other mismatches between Flash and
the browser.  It is smaller/faster to handle these known builtin APIs in the
compiler than to create polyfills for them when we can.  But Language does
contain some polyfills for Array.

The reason Andrew had to add the lines he did is because in externs/typedefs
like missing.js, the only way to specify an Accessor (a getter/setter) is by
having a corresponding definition in an interface in the externs.  Date doesn't
implement any interfaces, so the definition ends up as a Variable (a var).  The
code for isDateProperty was expecting the Flash definition of Date which does
have fullYear and all other properties as Accessor.  I think it was reasonable
to allow Variables as well.

Andrew, if you can package up your changes as patches or pull requests, that
would be great.  I probably won't be able to get to it until Sunday, but maybe
someone else will accept your changes.

Thanks,
-Alex