>Take into account that Jewel already has most of the things you mention:
>Alert, PopUp, SnackBar, ToolTip...maybe you just need to do some managers,
>beads, or things that complete your needs.

    The Alert we cannot use at all because it uses a third party load
(cloudflare) and is not baked in (we would like to not use pollyfill's
anyways).  We chose to intentionally build a new Alert because of that, which
isn't a big deal, it's pretty much just a canned popup anyways.

    Our current test PopUpManager opens any UIBase component as a popup.  We
preferred this method to allow us a wider range of uses.  Imagine clicking on a
datagrid row item and it opens an image based buttonbar  for options.

    Our notification system is more robust; it will queue / stack as needed
while supporting hovering and delays.  It uses an Interface to standardize
handling the different types.  Some notifications are simple
success/warning/error/info/debug styled notifications that automatically
disappear as needed.  However some are persistent that manage complicated tasks
for items like uploads / downloads / etc. and have user controls which are more
like a snackbar which will only disappear once completed performing it's task
or the user has performed an action with it.

    I liked the tooltip bead for controls, we will probably inherit it and make
it center it's upper left (0,0 position) to make it appear where the mouse
pointer was vice the current 4 corners + middle option.  I will look into the
Jewel.ToolTip for when we get to our charts (which will be a while from now)
since we will still need to have multiple toolTips up at once.

> We are about to share ArrayListView that is like ListCollectionView and
> provides filtering and sorting using the MX classes (Sort, SortField)
>Greg should share this today or tomorrow hopefully.
> Just take into account. Remember that Jewel uses ArrayList instead of
> ArrayCollection. And AMF is capable to use AL instead of AC
> About addItem, removeItem, updateItem, remember as well that this is
> implemented as beads. If you need the addItem functionality to add an item
> to a List just add the bead.

Good news! We will probably inherit it and hardcode all the beads in there
(which we've done for quite a few controls already).  That will help us
standardize even if it goes against the PAYG philosophy.  However the beads /
strands make good code separation and replacement is easier when there is a
base class inherited by new class adding permanent beads.

BTW I would love a new feature in the collections.  Just two methods or a
getter / setter and a private variable.  It would completely disable event
dispatching.  I'm not talking about the current event "pendingUpdates" feature
in the ListCollectionView.  I mean not call any event while it's disabled or
process any queue after its re-enabled.  If I perform a serious
add/remove/update loop on a collection, I would like to manually call a reset
event after the fact and not have an obscene amount of events trigger in a row.

-Mark K