IMO, there is no perfect solution.  There will be times where the release
branch is so broken that it will be tossed and re-cut from develop.  But this
time around we are trying to keep the release branches around, so make changes
to the release branch and make sure the RM knows so they RM knows to merge
changes back in case we get to the toss-and-re-cut point.

Thanks,
-Alex