Good observation Jake!

The code for migration was removed in Samza 11. The migration would read
change-log offsets from the checkpoint topic and write them to the
coordinator stream.

If you're using change-logged stores, I'd recommend upgrading from 0.9.1 to
0.10.0 first.
Otherwise, you will loose offsets for change-logged stores.

I suspect you should be okay for 0.10.0 to 0.12 upgrade.