On Mon, 2007-08-20 at 18:39 +0200, Niklas Nebel wrote:
> Kohei Yoshida wrote:
> > Ok, but I don't think the ruby text is entirely a formatting attribute
> > of the text.  I consider that a part of the raw text data.
>
> When querying for raw text, as in formulas, or text export, do you
> expect the ruby text to be included?

If the caller requests the ruby to be included, then yes, otherwise no.
Of course the default behavior should be to exclude the ruby text when
the string instance is queried for raw data, but that doesn't mean the
ruby text data should not be there.

> That would be consistent with XHTML
> ruby markup, but different from Excel.

Is that really different from Excel?  Because Excel is where the idea of
embedding the ruby into the raw text string came from.

Kohei