Hi Daniel,

Daniel Rentz schrieb:
Regina Henschel schrieb:
Hi Daniel,

Daniel Rentz schrieb:
Hi regina,

Regina Henschel schrieb:

the file oox/source/xls/formulabase.cxx has a section /** Functions
defined by OpenFormula, but not supported by Calc or by Excel. */

Does this refer to the draft ODF 1.2 formula spec?

No. I just scanned the function op-codes defined by sc (nowadays
formula/inc/formula/opcode.hxx).

Which functions are listed there? For example, why are the imaginary
functions and the secant functions not listed there?

This list in oox is not used anywhere.

So I need not worry about that file?

Sorry, just have taken a closer look. This table *is* used to preserve
Calc-only functions in roundtrip (save to Excel, load from Excel).

When reloading into my patched DEV300m76 I get this up to now, without any entry in the files formulabase.cxx:

save in .sxc: All addin functions, including the existing ones, result in #Name?, but the cell content contains the correct formula.

save in .xls: All addin functions are correct including the new ones, all other functions unknown to Excel are shown with #MACRO?, but the cell content contains the correct formula. For the Addin functions the information in analysis_deffuncnames.src is used.

save in .xml: All functions have an additional of:]. Excel cannot read the file. But that is not my fault, that is already broken in OOo3.2.

So I think, that using new Addin functions works well.

Gnumeric can read the ods file with all new functions, the "normal" and the Addin function.

Same for the equivalent table "saFuncTable_Odf" in
sc/source/filter/excel/xlformula.cxx.

[..]
Just add the new functions to the tables. As Excel does not know them
(right?), the entries are used to create a unique function name in the
Excel file format (e.g. _xlfnodf.SEC), and the import filter will
restore the function known by Calc.

Will try the filter files tomorrow.

kind regards
Regina