Hi Daniel,

Daniel Rentz schrieb:
Hi Regina,

Regina Henschel schrieb:

If I use ocExternal the prefix is set, but the functions are not
distinct, only one name is written and on import the whole function
name is stripped, so only =(z) remains from =_xlfnodf.IMSECH(z).

I see no way to add the imaginary functions to list saFuncTable_Odf,
because they have no op-code.

Do I understand you right, that I should try to add the prefix in
function GetExcelName in /sc/.../addincol.cxx?

Yes, that was the idea, sort of. Sorry, I was not clear enough about
this. In my eyes, the solution is to not touch the _Odf table, but to
add the functions into the resource files in scaddins that are used for
the XCompatibilityNames implementation. This would be in
scaddins/source/analysis/analysis_deffuncnames.src. These strings are
returned by the GetExcelName() functions of the addin collection.

I have now used in analysis_deffuncnames.src an entry:
    StringArray ANALYSIS_DEFFUNCNAME_Imcot
    {
        ItemList =
        {
            < "_xlfnodf.IMCOT"; >;
            < "_xlfnodf.IMCOT"; >;
        };
    };
And for comparison an entry
    StringArray ANALYSIS_DEFFUNCNAME_Imcsc
    {
        ItemList =
        {
            < "IMCSC"; >;
            < "IMCSC"; >;
        };
    };

This are the results, all in setting "ODF 1.2" and always saving to xls format:

As far as I can see in the binary of the file, the function name is stored as _xlfnodf.IMCOT and IMCSC respectively. The order of that function names is: addin functions, named references, core functions.

(1) Opening and saving in Excel, then reopening in my build: All functions are recognized correctly. It makes no difference using prefix _xlfnodf. or not.

(2) Opening and saving in OOo2.4.3, then reopening in my build: In OOo2.4.3 the unknown core functions are marked as #MACRO?, the unknown addin functions as #ADDIN? Reopening in my build the core functions are recognized, the addin functions are not recognizes and marked as #MACRO? Here too, it makes no difference using prefix _xlfnodf. or not.

(3) Opening and saving in Gnumeric, then reopening in my build: All functions with prefix _xlfnodf are not recognized, the addin functions without prefix are recognized. Reopening in my build all core functions are recognized, the addin functions without prefix are recognized, the addin functions with prefix are not recognized.

So for the round trip through
Excel: It makes no difference whether use prefix or not; works always,
OOo2.4.3: It makes no difference whether use prefix or not; works never,
Gnumeric: Works without prefix, fails with prefix.

Should I use the prefix as described above?
Do you know, why reopen result from OOo243 fails?

kind regards
Regina