So the choices (security-wise) are:

Everything in the same url: a non-trusted gadget can take full control of
the user's session, accessing the server and all the other gadgets in the
page.

The site in a different url than ifr: a non-trusted gadget can take full
control of the other gadgets in the page, interacting with them as the
logged in user. The site is secured.

The site and each gadget in its own url: fully isolation between gadgets and
the site.

Use caja: same security level as each gadget in its own url.

As a side note, the gadgets url should not be a subdomain of the site url.

Is this correct? What about rpc_relay.html?