Understood -- we'll be sure to validate all of your suggestions/comments before
making any changes.  I'm hoping to get some time early next week to dig through
all of this and follow up with some responses to the open questions you have.

>If you create a JIRA ticket for it, I can and will try to create patches for
>the
>most important of the issues.

JIRA ticket created:  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHINDIG-1689

Thanks for the help with this Ate!