Hi!

Some time ago I supplied a patch for a sample maven archetype [0]. Ryan
mentioned that the archetype should rather use the common container
instead of the actually used (obsolete) one.

I'm now trying to convert the archetype to use shindigs common-container
but I'm having some troubles...

I use this code for loading gadgets:

CommonContainer.preloadGadgets(gadgetUrls, function(result) {
  for (var gadgetURL in result) {
    if(!result[gadgetURL].error) {
      window.buildGadget(result, gadgetURL);
      curId++;
    }
  }
});

However, preloadGadgets does an RPC call for gadget metadata and receives
a 400 BAD_REQUEST as result :(
The content of the response is "Malformed JSON request."

Debuging showed that this was the data posted to the RPC Servlet:

[
 {"method":"gadgets.metadata",
  "id":"gadgets.metadata",
  "params":
  {
    "ids": [ "http://localhost:8080/myFirstGadget.xml";,
             "http://www.labpixies.com/campaigns/todo/todo.xml";],
    "fields": ["iframeUrls",
               "modulePrefs.*",
               "needsTokenRefresh",
               "userPrefs.*",
               "views.preferredHeight",
               "views.preferredWidth",
               "expireTimeMs",
               "responseTimeMs",
               "rpcServiceIds",
               "tokenTTL"],
    "language":"de",
    "country":"DE",
    "userId":"@viewer",
    "groupId":"@self"
  }
 }
]

This data is generated by some shindig JavaScript code. Does anybody have
any idea what I'm doing wrong? I just want to use common-container to
display two gadgets. Can this be so hard?

Many thanks in advance,
- martin

[0] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHINDIG-1482