I might be wrong, but I sense there is a requirement here, where Slider
needs to accept custom application specific config files in it¹s original
raw format (like properties, xml, json, yaml, etc.) in addition to
appConfig.json. Then it is expected to merge them with appConfig.json and
send the complete property bag down to the application containers.

If that is true, or even if I got it all wrong, it would be great if you
can file JIRAs for what you are looking for? It is good to have these kind
of gaps and ideas captured in JIRAs, so that we can make Slider better.

Siyuan,
The instance tag feature has been there since 0.60. Check
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLIDER-463.

-Gour