On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 10:47, Karl Pauls <karlpa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hence, why not do the following:
>
> version api packages independently along the line of what Felix is suggesting
> version implementation packages based on the bundle version (and
> possibly make importers be hard coupled by using the symbolic-name
> requirement).

Sounds good. But...

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 09:24, Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org> wrote:
> The only problem I still have is that in the end there is no correlation
> between the bundle version and the package versions. If for example a
> bundle has two packages A and B, we start with version 0.1 for both
> packages -> bundle version 0.1; then we change B to 0.2 -> bundle
> version 0.2 but A is still 0.1.
> Now we change A to 0.2 as well which would result in what bundle
> version? 0.2.2?

... I think this case is still unclear to me. Even with good tooling
this is not really solved. Because we only talk about tooling for the
creators of packages. The users use maven, the maven repo, or simple
INSTALL.txt files with list of jar files. With those it is hard to
find out the actual package versions behind the big version number on
the bundle/jar file. Thus we make it harder for users, not easier as
Felix's goal righteously is.

Regards,
Alex

--