Hi,

On 18.02.2010 19:39, Justin Edelson wrote:
> On 2/18/10 12:31 PM, Andreas Schaefer wrote:
>> Hi Justin
>>
>> Sorry, forgot to read the failsave plugin documentation first.
>>
>> That said I see that the 'sling home directory' is created in the project's
>> base directory even though in the Jetty configuration it is set to
>> 'target/sling'. In my project I configured the 'maven-clean-plugin' to clean
>> up that directory as well but it still feels wrong to have to do that.
>>
>> Does anybody know how to set the sling home directory for the integration
>> test so that I will end up in the 'target' directory ?
>>

> Hmmm. The launchpad.testing module is configured to set the system
> property sling.home, but this is ignored. In a webapp, you have to
> configure sling.home via an init-param. I just committed a change to the
> sample app in r911513[1] to use an init-param in jetty (when using mvn
> jetty:run-war), but I don't see a way to do this with cargo.
>
> It seems like a system property should be usable here. I know there are
> concerns about system properties in webapps in general, but this seems
> like a good case for allowing the use of one (although init-param should
> take precedence).
>
> WDYT?

System properties can be used in the web app case, too, but it is
disabled by default.

The main problem is, that we might have multiple sling web applications
installed in a single servlet container and we want to prevent them to
all use the same sling.home value.

So I am worried to read system properties in the war case.

In fact, we should fix the integration launching to use the standalone
sling instead of the sling web app with cargo.

Regards
Felix