On Friday, 26 February 2021 18:54:28 CET Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Feb 26, 2021 at 6:31 PM Eric Norman <enor...@apache.org> wrote:
> > ...Someday, maybe the sling feature model could be used to derive the
> > paxexam configuration so it would be less mysterious and easier to
> > debug?..

This can be implemented quite easily but you would need regular "releases" of
Sling Starter or you would have to deal with a moving target.

On the other hand with Sling Feature Model there is a big drawback. There is
only a full blown Sling, no fine grained features.

The purpose of Sling Testing PaxExam (extending OPS4J Pax *Exam* for use in
Sling project) is described here:

https://sling.apache.org/documentation/development/testing-paxexam.html#features

You get well tested sets of bundles (2-3 times) via SlingOptions and some
helpers in TestSupport.

Tested bundle sets:
1. (all)
https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-karaf-integration-tests/tree/master/src/test/java/org/apache/sling/karaf/tests/bootstrap
2. (all) https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-testing-paxexam/
tree/master/src/test/java/org/apache/sling/testing/paxexam/it/tests
3. ("launchpad")
https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-karaf-launchpad-oak-tar-integration-tests/blob/master/src/test/java/org/apache/
sling/karaf/tests/configuration/SlingQuickstartOakTarConfiguration.java

Let me know if the documentation is unclear and needs to be fixed.

O.