On Wed, 2022-06-15 at 13:02 -0700, Eric Norman wrote:

> > I think it is time now to do the shift.
> > WDYT?
>

> +1, though java 11 only has active support until Sep 2023, so we may
> need
> to begin thinking about the path toward java 17

I agree, we should be Java 17 ready. FWIW, we 'ship' the Starter Docker
image with Java 17.

As for the builds, the biggest blocker is migrating to a recent enough
parent pom. I have been running builds locally with Java 17 by default
for some time and the only additional problem that I have seen is
PowerMock being incompatible with Java 16+ [1].

Thanks,
Robert

[1]: https://github.com/powermock/powermock/issues/1094