2012/2/1 Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>:

> yes, this is an unfinished area - the ResourceResolverFactory should
> have no ties to JCR and just use ResourceProvider services.

Great, that's what I thought.

> So the basic idea is to create a new module for the implementation of the
> ResourceResolverFactory which has all the functionality that is not
> deferred to resource providers.

By "all the functionality that is not deferred to resource providers",
do you mean for instance those bullets I posted above (domain mappings
etc)?

> I think some time ago Felix was working on a prototype for this. Not
> sure what the status is.
>
> But that's definitely something we should do in Sling rather sooner than
> later.

I'd be interested in seeing this come to Sling, and could start do to
some work on it - at least slowly, piece by piece. If we could find
any references to Felix' prototype, I could start from there.

--
Vidar S. Ramdal <vidar.ram...@webstep.no>
Webstep AS - http://www.webstep.no